Wednesday, October 31, 2018

FRENCH NEW WAVE: This style of film really is the use of most film today. There use of foreground, middle ground, and background is so interesting. We don't really notice how much they use these tactics, because we are so used to it. Seeing some of these films reminded me of shots I've seen in more modern day films. I am a huge cinematographer, so I look at all the shots vividly, and being able to breakdown each shot into this format is cool. A director who Reminded me of French New wave style is Wes Anderson. He uses these three tactics in almost every one of his shots, to perfection. Or the closest thing to it. every shot in grand Budapest hotel made me think of this style. Watching some of the French New wave films myself, I notice how similar Wes's films are to those.This is one of my favorite shots from the film Grand Budapest Hotel. in the foreground we have the little medals truck with the two main characters in it. The middle ground has the army troops marching, and in the background is the hotel. But it isn't that same as the first shot of the hotel, because the soldiers flags are on it, hinting that the hotel has been taken over.

No comments:

Post a Comment